When it comes to who I am...

2012年11月19日 星期一

The Red Pyramid

     Following on from my introduction to Egyptian mythology in the last post , this week, I'd like to present an Egyptian-myth-based novel to you. This book is the first book of "The Kane Chronicles" series, and it is also written by the author of The Percy Jackson and The Olympians series. The Kane Chronicles had its name from the two main characters---Carter and Sadie Kane. And this book, The Red Pyramid, got its name from the magical red pyramid of  Egyptian god Set mentioned in the story.
     The author presented the story in the way of the Kane's digital recording's transcript in which Carter and Sadie told the story alternately. The siblings had been near-strangers after their mother's death. And the story started on one of their twice-in-a-year visitation day.
     Ever since their mother's death, Sadie lived with their grandparents in London. As to Sadie's older brother, Carter, he traveled the world with their father, Dr. Julius Kane. On that regular visitation day during Christmas holiday, Carter and his father Julius Kane went to London to pick up Sadie as usual. Being an Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane brought the kids to the British Museum to finish some "final tasks". However,  Dr. Julius Kane accidentally unleashes five Egyptian gods including the worst one Set duing the process. Set banished Julius to oblivion and made the siblings flee for their lives. With one of the most powerful gods chasing behind them, Carter and Sadie embarked on a dangerous journey to save their dad and find out the truth of their mother's death.....

2 則留言:

  1. What do you means presenting the story in the way of the Kane's digital recording's transcript? Is this novel CD or MP3 that can play on computer? It is truly cool.
    Egyptian story is a style I have never seen before. It might so mysterious that attract me, but I want to know more about this novel and your feelings. You just mentioned a little, which I cannot understand this book thoroughly. Would you share more details with me?

    回覆刪除
  2. How can you read so many novels. You have a good command in English, I have to look up the dictionary again and again. I also love every story about mythology. Basically, Percy Jackson is my favorite one. I love the story and the characters. Although its spin-off Camp Half-Blood is awful. I'm really interested in this new novel. I hope it's better than Camp Half-Blood. By the way, do you know the series about mythology, supernatural. It combined Christian mythology, urban myth, and many other legend in the world.
    http://cannyseries.blogspot.tw/2012/10/supernatural.html
    Here is my introduction about it. Hope you would like it.

    回覆刪除